My lovely friend Dana is a big name in the blogosphere. She writes about expat life, in a series of incredibly helpful how-tos, as well as about her thoughts, impressions, reflections, etc. I am honored to be her friend in real life, and to have been nominated by her as an Inspiring Blogger of the internet!
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, and let them know that you have nominated them.
1. In kindergarten, I read the dictionary (the one below, a birthday present from my parents when I turned five) for fun. Every time I finished a page, I drew a picture in the corner. Flowers bloomed under happy suns, dragons were slayed, princes and princesses found each other…it was quite the bedtime adventure.
2. I have eleven 100+ page journals that I’ve collected since I began writing regularly, when I was 14. They’re all on my shelf at home, and I love flipping through them and laughing, crying, philosophizing, obsessing, etc. with my past self from time to time.
3. This summer, I took weekly lessons at Divine Movement. It is probably the style of dance I least expected to ever do, but I have never felt more strong and beautiful. I highly recommend this studio if you live in the Seattle area and want to improve your flexibility, strength, body image, relationship with yourself, your self-expression through movement, etc. Fun for all shapes, ages, sizes.
4. I was an R.A. in college. A lot of Americans who know what RAs are are probably thinking something along the lines of “oh, so you were a professional party pooper.” If that’s what I was, then I highly recommend being just that to everyone. It grew me up, helped me develop lifelong life, work, and personal skills, and made me some of the best friends that I will ever have.
5. I love to dance. To every type of music. With people, by myself, ballroom, disco, freestyle, robot, ballet, in da club, in the middle of a crowd and in the middle of an empty room. I also think everyone is beautiful when they dance, even in their awkwardness.
6. I was a child poet. Here’s the one I’ll always remember (until I die…the irony…):
Baby into child
Child to adult
I don’t want to die
But that is the result.
7. I write letters. I write to Caro mostly these days, but my friend Nellie and I carried on a correspondence from 7th grade (we were still in the same school) to at least 12th. We still write sometimes. I will melt in a puddle of anger and tears if the post office dies.
1. Cara ; my original inspiration for…well…my entire life right now. She inspired me to become a French major, do TAPIF, keep a blog, be a cat lady when I grow up. She writes beautifully and on top of that is a beautiful and strong person and friend.
2. Dana ; on top of being a famous blogger, incredibly caring, and really good at all she takes on, Dana is an awesome friend. I’m lucky to be in her vicinity as a TAPIFer and I look to her and her blog constantly for a listening ear and expert advice!
3. Laura ; Yes, okay, I am just nominating my friends…but I really only read the blogs of my friends, so it’s okay. This girl lights up my life with her wisdom and groundedness and ability to listen to and exchange ideas with me, and I would not be having the same experience without her! Read her thoughts, they’re always interesting.
4. Caro ; My badass travel buddy from Paris days, her adventures never cease to inspire me. She is a beautiful being, a fantastic friend, and the SPARKLIEST addition to anyone’s life. She deserves some blog love.
I can’t say I read fifteen blogs religiously, but if you are my friend already and have one, I probably would. Ditto if you are not already my friend and have a blog you think I might like!
Bisous to the blogosphere,